I seem to go through the same cycle, time after time. I decide that maybe taking college classes isn't for me and I really don't need a degree anyway. Then as the registration deadline looms, one night I'm possessed and I apply for my classes and order my textbooks all in a fevered rush. Excitement builds until the first week of class as I'm reading over the syllabus and project descriptions, in order to see what I'm in for. As I read over the project descriptions, I start to feel a flutter of panic in my gut (who am I kidding? I have nothing to say on any of these topics? Finally...I'm going to drown in the amount of words that are expected for these papers and the teacher is going to realize that it's all mush.) That would be where I am tonight. What do I know about gynocentrism or first/second wave feminism - not to mention, what the heck is a "choreo-poem"?
Maybe college is meant for the young - for the 18-22 year olds with all their confidence. As I get older, the more I know how much I don't know.
Wednesday, August 31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment