Thursday, February 5

Things I Wish Were Listed In My Profile

I recently re-met a friend from my youth (ELB) through facebook and reading her profile reminded me of how many things I would love to do yet haven't. It has made me refocus on those things and built the desire to one day be able to list them in MY profile.

  1. Learn an instrument other than the piano (which I already play). Contestants are the clarinet, the mandolin, the harp, and the drums. I'm thinking clarinet is the most likely.
  2. Become comfortable in a foreign language. (I don't dream as high as fluency.) I speak some Spanish, some German (more once I refresh), some Bosnian (didn't focus very much) and a few phrases in Arabic. I think I will focus on Spanish since I know the most of that, but I could be persuaded to make it Arabic.
  3. Own a Vespa. I think. Although every time I think about this I can't justify a Vespa over a bicycle. Need to give that more thought.
  4. Read every book. 'Nough said.
  5. Get involved with dog rescue, possibly even becoming a foster for dogs rescued from puppy mills.
  6. Travel to places I haven't made it to yet: Antarctica, African Safari, Vietnam, Scandinavia, Nova Scotia, the British Isles and Alaska. The last I include because I actually will be there via Cruise West in September for my 25th wedding anniversary with him.
  7. Learn to play bridge.
  8. Learn to scuba dive.
  9. Snorkel through every "Top Places to Snorkel" list I come across.
  10. Have grandkids. Lots of grandkids. I hear that it's a blast.
  11. Go out to dinner with my sister, her treat, the night she gets her Environmental Engineering degree.
  12. Learn to draw.
  13. Learn to paint with watercolors.
  14. Learn sign-language. Almost forgot this one, but I really would like to. I plan to take classes through the adult education classes in Cincinnati while I'm living there later this year.
  15. Take dog-grooming so I can groom Sophie and save my family some money.
  16. Volunteer at Drake Hospice Unit when I move to Cincinnati. That idea was formed during the hours that I spent there with my mom.
  17. Train Maya as a hospital volunteer - she's the perfect dog for that as she is so quiet, so loving, and a sucker for being petted.
  18. Walk. Through beautiful cities. Hike. Through our gorgeous National Park system.
  19. Visit the Everglades and the Keys. I think I might quite like Florida based on the time I've spent in Destin.
  20. Volunteer at the Cincinnati Zoo. Maybe I could be a giraffussus trainer.
  21. Investigate becoming a vegetarian or moving in that general direction. The fact that I so love the occasional steak may be a problem. I could give up meat on a regular basis quite easily. Saying I'll never have a ribeye again? I'm just not there yet. Maybe I should just start where I am. Oh, and fish. And bacon. Yes, I have a way to go, I think.
  22. Learn to make stained glass.
  23. Become an expert crochet artist. Emphasis on the artistry.
  24. Get my degree. Finally. Without taking money out of the "mouths" of my children (literally, their college educations come first) nor time out of the life of my poor, sacrificing husband. Still working on figuring out how to do this so I get want I want (a degree in International Studies focusing on human rights) without the negatives to everyone else.
  25. Up my productivity quotient. This applies to everything, actually.

No comments: