Tuesday, August 3

It all boils down to 2 nights left...

I feel like we've been moving to Guatemala for a year - maybe that's because we've actually been "moving to Guatemala" for 15 months. I'm so bored with the topic I could scream! I'm not doing this again. I'm not going to be in the process of moving that long again - horrible way to live life.

By this fall, we will already be considering where to go next - in actuality? we've already had many discussions about it. I need to find a way to compartamentalize those discussions so I can LIVE my life instead of talking about the next one. I'm determined to change in that area - so next time you can expect to hear about where we're moving 2 months prior - that's it!!!

I go to my last small group meeting with NLEC tomorrow night. I hope it's 100% about God and nothing about me moving. That would be nice. I need that. I need a space in time that's used for an entirely different topic.

* * *

Went shopping with Shelby today for back to school clothes - it was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. I don't enjoy shopping; I particularly don't enjoy shopping for clothes. She was reasonable - I was patient - and she was grateful. Gratitude feels wonderful - just completes that circle. My daughter is growing up so much - sometimes she says the most mature things and I'm left in awe. Not to mention the fact that she learned to play cribbage in like 5 minutes. She's a game genius - don't even try to challenge her!

No comments: