When it's a "Fresh Ham" of course!
I love ham. I look forward to Easter for all kinds of reasons, but I must admit that one of the biggest reasons is the huge Ham that I'm guaranteed to have on the dinner table. Mmm...
This year, Jeff and I went shopping together well before Easter to make sure that we had everything we needed for our dinner. We were excited to find that we got the last Ham at Price Smart and it was enormous.
The day before Easter, Jeff came to me with a downcast and guilty look on his face. Apparently he had discovered that "Fresh Ham" was not, indeed, Ham at all. It was a huge leg of pork. I, of course, wanted to run right out and see if we could find a Ham somewhere else but Jeff pointed out that this leg of pork was thawed and needed to be cooked!
After consultation with his mom and "Better Homes & Gardens," he came up with a recipe and a plan for cooking this enormous thing. I don't know if it was my low expectations or what, but it was DELICIOUS! So delicious, that I think I'll look for another "Fresh Ham" to serve next time we have a houseful of people.
Although, I must admit, next Easter I will again be on the lookout for a "real" Ham!
Saturday, April 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woah, that's kind of weird! I wonder why it's called that? I'd try it - I tend to like most pork products (although I don't eat scrapple or pigs' feet.) I've don't recall ever hearing of a pork leg as something to buy in a store to eat.
1. Your life is no more borring than mine, and I have TWO blogs!
www./livejournal.com/~funkyfatgirl/
and
www.livejournal.com/~lifewithsticky/
a pleasure to talk to you today.
betsy
Post a Comment